Cheating is a crime which according to IPC (Indian Penal Code) section 415 explained as – Whoever, by deceiving any person, fraudulently or dishonestly induces the person so deceived to deliver any property to any person, or to consent that any person shall retain any property, or intentionally induces the person so deceived to do or omit to do anything which he would not do or omit if he were not so deceived, and which act or omission causes or is likely to cause damage or harm to that person in body, mind, reputation or property, is said to “cheat”. Some special ingredients which are required to prove the offense of cheating are listed below.
- Deception of a person either by making or misleading representation or by other action or omission
- Fraudulent or dishonestly inducing the person
- To deliver any property to any person
- To consent that any person shall retain any property
- Intentionally inducing the person to do or omit to do anything which he would not do or omit if he were not so deceived and which act or omission causes or is likely to cause or harm to the person in body, mind, reputation or property
- Cheating is committed not against the public but against any person
According to Indian Penal Code (IPC), the punishment for the crime of cheating is imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine. or with both. The thing which we all need to keep in our mind is that the offense of cheating is a non cognizable and bailable crime. Simply, we can say that if one person is trying or pretending to be something that he/she is not used to be and commits any type of fraud either in any case but intentionally and the intention could be to damage or harm the person in body, mind, property or reputation and it has to be done with a single person not with any group of people is said to be the crime of cheating.
How Criminal Lawyer in Odisha Can Help You ?
We at Criminal Lawyer in Odisha always look after all the aspects of all the cases that we receive and try to solve them as soon as possible in favor of victims. Due to our experience of over 20 years and the professional and qualified team we have an edge over all type of law and legal matters.
What can you expect as a victim in your cheating case ?
- Transparency in all policies
- Full legal support
- Trustworthy experience
- Strong representation in court
- Right compensation